Baxter W. Banowsky
Baxter W. Banowsky
Baxter W. Banowsky has been representing governmental and private sector clients for over thirty years. He has obtained the highest possible rating in both ethics and standard of practice by Martindale Hubbell.
Mr. Banowsky’s diverse experience includes representing governmental and private sector clients in condemnation and inverse condemnation matters, development disputes, contractual disputes, zoning matters, civil rights litigation, ADA litigation, employment litigation, shareholder/partnership disputes, securities litigation, products liability litigation, personal injury and wrongful death suits, construction litigation, insurance coverage and surety bond litigation, and TORA and TOMA litigation. Mr. Banowsky is also a lecturer on municipal law topics.
Mr. Banowsky lives in Highland Village Dallas with his wife, Tanya, and their youngest son.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Oklahoma School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, B.S.M.E.
- All State Courts in Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Mr. Banowsky is a former member of the SMU Athletic Forum Board of Directors (2001-2018). The SMU Athletic Forum sponsors the Doak Walker Award and the Doak Walker Legends Award. www.doakwalkeraward.com
- Mr. Banowsky is a former member of the Community Services Foundation Board of Directors and acted as the Board President during 2007. The Community Services Foundation is a non-profit foundation which works with local HVAC contractors and suppliers to help provide heating and air conditioning equipment and services for poor and elderly residents of North Texas.
- Mr. Banowsky is the former Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Grace Academy of Dallas (2007-2019). Grace Academy assists Christian families in meeting the educational and spiritual needs of their children. www.graceacademy.com